REDDING, Calif - A man in possession of a loaded firearm has been arrested after he allegedly made terrorist threats to Shasta County law enforcement on Wednesday, according to the Redding Police Department.
RPD said that they received several reports of violations of a domestic violence restraining order by Joshua Andrew Baker, 47, Redding.
Due to the violations, Baker agreed to turn himself on Wednesday morning, but Baker later denied the allegations after an officer called him by phone.
Baker then said he had a .223 rifle and possibly other firearms in his vehicle with him, the statement prompted authorities to send a warning to local police.
Officials later got credible information that led them to believe that Baker was going to shoot:
• His estranged wife
• His mother-in-law
• The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office
Baker also mentioned that he was going to “start shooting up the place” in regards to the SCSO, and deputies were also alerted to the threat.
Redding police found Baker in his vehicle at the neighborhood of Harrison Subdivision at El Reno Lane at about 11:40 a.m. Wednesday.
Officers then conducted a “high-risk vehicle stop” and K-9 Chry was used to take Baker into custody, since Baker was not being compliant with officers, according to RPD.
Once Baker was taken into custody, officers found a loaded .223 rifle, a loaded 12 gauge shotgun and additional ammunition.
Baker was arrested and charged with:
• Making terrorist threats
• Violating a domestic violence restraining order
• Having a loaded firearm in a vehicle
• Resisting or obstructing officers
The suspect was then taken to a nearby hospital for medical clearance and once Baker is cleared he will be booked into Shasta County Jail, the incident remains under investigation.
- “Start shooting up the place”: Redding man says after making threats to SCSO
- UPDATE: SCSO female suspect in Anderson shooting found
- Man shot by arrow in Redding identified: SCSO searching for suspect
- National School Threat Reaches Redding
- SCSO continues to detonate explosives, school closure on Monday
- Woman caught burglarizing, possessing explosives, accomplice at large: SCSO
- SCSO: Verbal fight between two men leads to shots fired
- SCSO: Teenage boy Accidentally Shot by Friend; Intended for Bear
- Deputy Cars Nearly Hit While Chasing Suspects in Burney: SCSO
- SCSO: Suspect on the Loose After High Speed Chase