Chico, Calif.—Tuesday April 17th is the deadline to file your taxes, and local tax prep businesses are busy with last minute customers.
Greg Royat is a tax preparer with Liberty Tax Service in Chico, and he says they have about eight people coming in every hour to file before tomorrow’s deadline.
He says that most people do pretty well, but there are those who come in a little stressed out.
Greg Royat said, “We try to make this a relaxed environment for them, we offer them drinks, we offer them a water, crackers and snacks, things like that. So we try to relax them, try to take their anxiety away when they come in.”
He says that they make the process quick and as easy as possible.
He reminds people to make sure to bring in your income documentation, the W-2 form, as well as proof of health insurance, and the social security numbers of any dependents you may have.
If you are not ready to file your taxes tomorrow, you can also go in and they will help you file an extension.
- Tax Deadline Rush in the North State
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- How to Beat the Looming Income Tax Deadline
- Separated Families: Reunification Deadline Passes
- North State Christmas Dinner Traditions
- North State Economic Forecast Conference
- North state residents seeking citizenship
- North State Memorial Day Events
- North State prices at the pump drop despite last month’s gas tax increase
- 3.3 earthquake rattles North State communities