TEHAMA COUNTY, Calif.—A Tehama County man is sentenced to six years in prison for trying to have his father murdered.
Andrew Kratz pleaded guilty in April to solicitation of murder and assault with a deadly weapon.
Prosecutors say he was arrested last October after pushing, punching, and choking his elderly father.
After his arrest from jail he tried to hire other inmates to kill his father and step mother.
He hatched a detailed plan for them to be buried on their property.
He said that the inmates could steal their personal property for payment.
Kratz is now headed to state prison.
Stay with Action News Now for all your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Tehama County Man Sentenced to State Prison for Trying to Kill his Father
- Tehama County Election Results
- Two Tehama County men receive life sentences for separate murders
- Yuba County man sentenced to 2 years in prison
- TORNADO WARNING IN TEHAMA COUNTY
- Tehama County DA speaks about the Rancho Tehama shootings
- Man sentenced to prison for rape of an intoxicated victim
- Man Arrested on Rape Charges in Tehama County
- Breaking News Report: shooting in Tehama County
- Local group challenges Tehama County cannabis laws