Chico Police have continued to investigate a shooting that occurred on February 21st, near the intersection of West 6th Street and Walnut Street.
During the investigation, surveillance video from multiple local businesses captured the incident.
Based on that information, Officers determined that Draven Paul Brannon-Thompson was the suspect who fired at the victim.
The victim was not struck, but the vehicle in which the victim was the sole occupant of, sustained several bullet strikes.
The motive for this crime is yet to be determined and still under investigation.
On March 3rd, Officer Jack Ditty located Brannon-Thompson at a local business and arrested him without incident.
His vehicle was also located nearby.
Brannon-Thompson is currently in custody at the Butte County Jail for Assault with a deadly weapon, firing a handgun into an occupied vehicle, firing a handgun in a grossly negligent manner, and for being a felon in possession of a handgun.
Brannon Thompson is also in custody on a Post Release Custodial Supervision felony warrant.
This incident was highly dangerous and a serious public safety matter. Any witnesses are encouraged to contact the Chico Police Detective Bureau at 530-897-5820.
- UPDATE: Suspect arrested for February shooting in Chico
- Chico shooting suspect arrested in Southern California
- Chico High Burglary Suspect Arrested
- Dangerous shooting suspect sentenced for Chico shooting
- Police identify and arrest suspect in Chico Halloween shooting
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- Second man arrested for Shooting in Chico
- Man Arrested in Downtown Chico Shooting
- Former Chico Mayor Arrested
- Chico Savemart Robbery Arrest