CHICO, Calif. - A Chico dog named “Walle” was awarded the title “World’s Ugliest Dog” in 2013 but now he’s facing a much bigger challenge, cancer.
The owners heard the terrifying news two weeks ago when “Walle” was set to have surgery and when the doctor examined the canine, they found cancer.
The devastating news hasn’t hit the owners without an ounce of hope as the North State Community has been selflessly donating to the lovable mutt.
“Walle” has made numerous appearances on TV including the Today show on NBC.
His owner Walter says the cancer discovery was painful.
“Walle” still needs about $10,000 to help pay for the surgery and some chemotherapy.
If you would like to donate to “Walle” click the link here.
- ‘World’s Ugliest Dog’ Diagnosed with Cancer in Chico
- Redding Parents of Five Children both Diagnosed with Cancer
- Update: Woman Diagnosed with PTSD Found Safe
- Chico supports World AIDS Day
- Fundraiser to Benefit Chico Toddler Fighting Cancer
- A new device can diagnose cases of severe stroke
- World's rarest cars in downtown Chico
- Dog Saves Chico girl: Story Found Untrue
- Colors of Cancer Color Run is Saturday in Chico
- Chico Heat Help Out a Host Mom Battling Cancer