A former Chico High School wrestler recently competed in the National Junior College Athletic Association championships in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Nicholas Maximov, who is a two-time Northern Section Masters champion, finished third in the 184-pound weight class to earn All-American status for Clackamas Coummunity College out of Oregon.
Maximov defeated the #2, #4, AND #7-seed en route to the third-place finish.
As a team, Clackamas was the national runner-up with seven of their wrestlers earning All-American honors.
- Former Chico High wrestler earns All-American status
- Butte volleyball player earns All-American honors
- Limited eyesight doesn't deter local female wrestler
- Chico High Football Preview
- Chico's Kurt Kitayama earns first professional golf win
- Wrestlers come together to support girl battling cancer
- Chico High girls fall to Rocklin 58-37
- Chico High unveils new multi-sport stadium
- Willows High product having success playing American football overseas
- Chico High volleyball player Regan Murray signs with Corban University